Horace Mann nominated for a Halo Award
Springfield, IL (April 10, 2013) – The Cause Marketing Forum recently announced Horace Mann is one of four finalists for its annual Halo Award, which recognizes excellence in cause marketing campaigns. The entry highlights Horace Mann’s relationship with DonorsChoose.org, an organization that helps teachers get classroom supplies through donations. DonorsChoose.org submitted the entry titled, Horace Mann: Turning Agents into Educators. It describes how Horace Mann agents have served as DonorsChoose.org representatives, teaching teachers and school administrators about the program.
Since becoming a national sponsor of DonorsChoose.org, Horace Mann has established a relationship with the non-profit organization that is mutually beneficial. By forming an alliance and sharing information and connections, they both succeed. Promoting these relationships is the mission of the Cause Marketing Forum, established in 2002 to increase the number of company and non-profit alliances. The winner will be announced May 30 in Chicago. You’ll find a complete list of entrants on the Cause Marketing Forum’s website. 2013 marks the 11th year the Cause Marketing Forum will honor businesses and nonprofits with Halos for doing well by doing good.
Some interesting facts:
- Over 50% of public schools in the country have Horace Mann agents on the ground educating teachers about DonorsChoose.org.
- After Horace Mann’s very first campaign, 501 schools had projects funded that had not previously had a fully funded project.
- DonorsChoose.org has been able to support over 2,000 schools they would not have reached without the Horace Mann partnership.
- As of April 9, 2013:
- Horace Mann had donated over $1.7 million to classroom projects, supported 1,204,530 students, and funded 13,223 projects.
- Horace Mann affiliated schools received over $44.5 million in project funding.
- 8.4 million students at Horace Mann-affiliated schools had been impacted.
- Almost 90,000 projects had been funded at Horace Mann-affiliated schools.
About Horace Mann
Horace Mann is the largest national multiline insurance company focusing on educators' financial needs. Horace Mann provides auto and homeowners insurance, retirement annuities, life insurance and other financial solutions. Founded by Educators for Educators® in 1945, the company is headquartered in Springfield, Ill. For more information about the company, visit www.horacemann.com.
Contact: Michelle Eccles, Horace Mann, (217) 788-5394, firstname.lastname@example.org.