Our insurance agents come from all backgrounds – education, marketing, sales, etc. Some are former teachers and administrators themselves, and many still serve as athletic coaches and on local school boards and parent-teacher organizations. All are committed to meeting the insurance and financial service needs of educators and their families.
Horace Mann agents are also committed to building relationships and partnerships with the schools they serve. They regularly meet with teachers and administrators to ask, “What issues are you facing and how can I help?” because agents want them to succeed.
Some of the Ways Agents are Involved in Schools Include:
- Implementing DonorsChoose.org programs into classroom;
- Sponsoring luncheons for teachers;
- Offering insurance seminars, like State Teachers' Retirement System, for educators and their families;
- Setting up local “Stuff the Bus” campaigns and clothing drives to benefit local children;
- Giving away bikes to students who succeed; and
- Donating their free time to help students with their homework.
Horace Mann Exclusive Agents are independent contractors, not employees of Horace Mann, and do not qualify for Horace Mann employee benefits. Horace Mann Exclusive Agencies are not franchises.