Term life insurance provides coverage for a specified amount of time, or a term. The length of your policy’s term depends on the life insurance product you select.
Is term life insurance right for you? The following are things to consider before making that decision:
- The death benefit for a term life insurance policy is only paid if you die during the term of coverage.
- It generally only provides a death benefit and has no cash value.
- Since its scope is limited, term insurance is usually the least expensive type of life insurance. But the older you are, the higher your term insurance premiums will be.
- You can generally convert current term insurance to permanent insurance without proof of insurability.
A term life insurance policy has some advantages and disadvantages.
- Term life insurance is ideal when specific, time-sensitive needs like mortgages and college tuition must be taken care of in the event of your death.
- Term insurance premiums are initially less expensive than permanent insurance premiums.
- Term life insurance policies generally do not accumulate cash value.
- The older you get, the higher your premiums will generally be.
Contact a Horace Mann insurance agent to discuss your life insurance needs.
Term life insurance is underwritten by Horace Mann Life Insurance Company.