If you rent a home, apartment or condominium, you should consider purchasing renter insurance. If your personal property is damaged or destroyed, your landlord’s insurance policy will only cover the structure, not your possessions.
A renter insurance policy through Horace Mann will provide:
- protection for your possessions that have been damaged or stolen;
- liability coverage if someone is injured at your address; and
- additional living expenses if your residence becomes uninhabitable from a covered loss.
- Medical payment coverage pays for necessary medical expenses (subject to policy limits) for non-residents injured at your address.
- Personal liability coverage protects against injuries to others at your residence and elsewhere. Plus, it covers accidental damage to others’ property.
- Basic personal property coverage protects your personal belongings anywhere in the world! The policy limits coverage for certain types of property, but you can increase these limits or insure certain valuable items.
- Coverage for additional living expenses and loss of rent. We cover extra reasonable and necessary costs incurred (up to your policy's specified limit) if you're forced to live in temporary quarters due to covered loss or repair of your home and property.
Contact a Horace Mann insurance agent to discuss your needs.
Coverage underwritten by Horace Mann Insurance Company, Horace Mann Property and Casualty Insurance Company, Teachers Insurance Company, and Horace Mann Lloyds (in Texas).